Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Week after vacation




Well Its been a week since I left Spokane and returned home again. While I was there I visited my girlfriend Judy in her new retirement complex. Very interesting place" She was in the process of teaching some of the women there how to make a Grandmothers Flower Garden. Now I have started one years ago and it is stuffed away somewhere with other unfinished blocks but since I was there I thought why not start one again and it would give me something to work on in the plane. This has been keeping me very occupied in the evenings when I watch t.v. It has solved to problems for me. I am usually snacking while watching t.v. and right now have started on a low carb diet so this is keeping me busy and my mind off of snacking and it is creating some beautifull blocks. The first one is completed so will give you a little preview.

The other think I have been working on is a pin cushion I found while searching the net on the better homes and garden site. I thought this was sooooooooo cute. so I finished it this morning for an addition to my gift box. I already have someone in mind but will not mention any names in case she happens to visit here and see this post.

It won't be long before I have to go back to work as school starts back in the end of August so I am going to try and get as much as I can done between now and then.

If you have read my previous posts you know that I am looking for a picture of a lizzard " I still have yet too see one. I wonder if they tend to disspapear when it gets hot. Its been in the ninties here last week so maybe once it starts cooling down I will be able to get that picture. I sure hope so as I hate dissapointing my granddaughter. Well I am back to the kitchen in my quest for the perfect body. I am going to make some low carb meatballs. Take care and will hopefully be back soon.

No comments: