Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday and counting down""""




Time seems to be just flying by me. Yestarday a friend from work talked me into going to a shopping mall in Smithfield and was it ever hugeeeeeee. I swear it would take a person at least a week to get through the whole thing. We did however manage to get through three or four of them. I told her when I get back in August we can go again.
After I got home I received some sad news. one of my very good internet friends lost her youngest son due to a car accident. I feel soooo badly for her. That is something you never get over. Time makes it more bareable but it never stops hurting. I wish that I could be there with her and help her go through it but luckily she has two daughters and lots of friends to help her to get through this.
Welllll today I started machine quilting my granddaughters quilt. Its half way done but let me tell youuuuuu I think this may just be my last quilts other then wall quilts or maybe a lap quilt. I am just getting too old to crawl around on the floor pinning quilts together and in the past I have always quilted by hand. That is muchhhhh easier then trying to manipulate a quilt around the throat of a sewing machine. If I had the space to set up my frame I would have much preferred to quilt it by hand. Anyway it should be done before long. then I am hoping I can squeeze it in to my luggage some where. I would like to carry it on instead of put it in the regular baggage as it is something that just can't be replaced. After that I baked cupcakes which I will take down to the voting station at the fire house this afternoon. Hubby is working there today and its a very long day for all of them. I just got back from getting them their lunch.
Just attached a picture of my friend and I in one of the shops we stopped at in the mall. I am always amazed at the gorgous flowers they have here in North Carolina. there are several that I would love to have but they would have to be taken inside durring the winter and I just don't have the room.
There is also a picture of some hot pads I am making. I got this pattern from a blog that I visited recently. I had emaild the owner of the blog to see where I could find the pattern and she was sweet enough to sketch it out for me. it was her own original pattern. I am always so amazed at how nice our internet friends can be".
Fathers day was nice as Dougs son, grandson, and greatgrandsons were here to wish him well. By now you all know that all of my pictures will be posted in the opposite order that they should be. I still haven't figured out how to adjust that one. O.k. guess I had better run some cupcakes down to the fire station. everyone take care untill next time.

No comments: