Sunday, October 12, 2008

October 12




Where does all the time go too? I swear this afternoon I was looking at my calander and noticed that my old friend from Paris was going to have her birthday on the thirteenth so since it was sunday and my rates are free on sunday" I decided to take adavantage of that and call her. welllllllllll guess what. I somehow had the wrong date and her birthday was actually today. How lucky was that!


That is the only thing bad about living here where it is virtually summer just about all the time. I do miss my daughter and my grandkids soooooooo badly. and I also miss my old friends.




Well yestarday I managed to get a little bit of sewing done. I made two doll quilt tops. My youngest granddaughter is growing like a weed and she already has shown a compensity for dolls so I thought why not get them started. I am going to fold these up and get them put away to finish at a later date. In the meantime I am working on a square in a square lap quilt to surprise my little sister with when I go back to Spokane next summer.
I have been seeing a physical therapist this past week since my accident at work and it has really helped. This is the first time I have been off of muscle relaxers and pain pills. I was soooooooo worried that I would wind up with another back surjury. Some wonder why I am working at a job where I have to lift heavy boxes. welllllllllllll I want to be able to fly back every summer to spend time with my darling daughter and my grandkids so I had to find a job that gave me summers off and I am afraid those are in short supply. Anyway I am very thankfull that I am once again on the mend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just found your blog from the contest Quilting Bloggers had this summer. I read where you went to Spokane to visit your grands.

I live in the Okanogan Valley and we go to Spokane too to visit our kids, daughter is a sophomore at Whitworth U and son is working, after graduating from Whitworth.

come over and see my quilt I finished,

Diane said...

The quilts are adorable. Are the centers redword and applique?