Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another month""""""'


Is it just me" Or do any of you wonder where in the heck the time goes! I swear maybe its my age but it seems like time is flying by much too quickly!

It seems we are always going somewhere and there is just never enough time to do what I like to do. I did manage to stay up untill eleven last nite and get an eye mask and a an eye glass case made for my granddaughter kloe. She recently got new glasses and I have wanted to make her a new glass case ever since but just didn't get around too it. She also has migranes so I thought one of those eye masks would help to keep the light out of her eyes and might make her a little more comfortable. I hate seeing my grandkids in pain and would much rather go through it myself .

I also managed to get into my hairstylist today and get a much needed haircut. Don't you just hate it when your hair is hanging down your neck! I wore my hair long for most of my life and just recently decided that I needed to start wearing it short. welllllllllll I was always told that once you started wearing short hair you would probably never go back to long again. I think they were right because I tried too and it has been driving me crazzy.

We had something happen at work today that everyone who was born here is used too and I of course had no idea"''' As most of you know I work for the school system. I was in the kitchen preparing for lunch when someone came over the loudspeaker and announced that there had been a tonado warning. well I said guess if I hurry I can make it home. everyone laughed and said Linda you can't outrun a tornado. someone said why would you want to try. and I said welllllll if I am going to die I would rather be with someone I love" Wellllllllllllllllll one of my good cooking buddies Namely my boss says wellllllllllll that tells you what she thinks of us! I laughed and said ahhhhhhhhhhh I love you guys too but its just not the same! Anyway then I went to use the phone because I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten to call my beauty operator for a hair cut. One of the girls was listening in thinking I was calling my hubby to tell him I loved him and she went back and told everyone that I was in there calling my hairstlyist. That brought more laughter. O.k. it isen't over yet! A little bit later anouncer came over the loudspeaker and said there is a tonado in the area please proceed to your designated area nowwwwwww. well we all headed to the pantry and while we are sitting there amongst the pans, and boxes of cereal , ect, ect. I made the comment wellllll this is a heck of a place to be if a hurricane hits we are going to get hit in the head by all this flying debree". Everyone agreed and we discussed other things. Well I made the comment How soon will we know if it has passed? Welllllllllllll let me tell you everyone started laughingggggggggggg you see unknown to me" This is a drill that is performed every march several times because of tonado season. Nowwwww you knowwwwwww that I am never ever going to live this one down.

Once I got home I did manage to go to get my hair cut and she did a fantastic job. Don't you just love it when you find a great hairdresser! O.k. I am off to read a few emails and hopefully get some more sewing in. take care and have fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Mom I almost fell out my chair laughing at that. I can so see you sitting there thinking a tornado is coming. Reminds me of the tsunami warnings when I was in Sitka. hee hee hee.
Love you,
~ K ~

Anonymous said...

Whoops you had me laughing so hard I forgot to say she is going to love the mask and eyeglass case. :) She is going to feel like a real queen. :) And am sure she will be asking Grandma if she can make some fluffy ones with the princess yarns........ lol I can see her now with a whole set of eye masks to choose from.
Love you,
~ K ~