Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hi everyone" Its sunday!

Thought I would try and make a quick post before I get ready for church. I managed to get my tablerunner finished and just love it! I have decided to start collecting fabrics for baby quilts maybe just quarter yard pieces to use for the quilt as you go strip method. that is sooooooooo easy and so much fun! I am thinking it would be adorable to make them and then applique some cute animal on each one. They are easy enough to make that I could make a couple and have them ready for the next baby quilt that I need.  sorry the photo looks so dark on one end. not sure why maybe because it was early in the morning.

Have also been teaching myself to knit and found this wonderfull vidio that explains it step by step. so this morning I actually got serious and managed to get three or four rows down. (not even oneeeeeee slipped stitch! this is amazingggggggg. Have still been working on hats. I have decided that I will watch the sales and start picking up soft yarns as I found a couple of neat hat patterns for cancer patients and would like to start making them as I think they may be able to use them.

Lets see what else has been going on. ohhhhhhhhhh I finally broke downa nd bought a mandavilla??? think that is what it is called. These are sooooooo gorgous. Everyone has told me that they won't come back because they cannot withstand the winter and that they are an annual. mine is still in a pot so we might try and take it in this winter and see what happens. That is something I do love about living here is the flowers are soooooooo gosh darn gorgous!

We picked our first two zuchinnis from the garden yestarday and fried them up with cornmeal and flour dipped in egg. yummmmmmmmm I also made a new recipe I found for sour cream lemon pie but would you beleive after getting the filling all cooked and the whipped topping all made " I discovered that my pie crust from the freezer was not any good any more. I acutally had my hair in rollers which I do about once a week " I knowwwwwww terriably old fashioned (especially for a cosmetologist) but I am one of those people that my hair just won't hold a curl with a curling iron for very long unless I put a can of hairspray on it. sooooo here I stand with no way to go to the store and get another one. Why don't I just make one you say.? welllllllll by this time I am beat, have been doing laundry and dishes all morning long all the usual things you have to catch up on when you only have one day at home to get it all done and I said to heck with it. I put everything into covered containers and into the fridge so today I will pick up some of my favorite shortbread crusts and we can have it for desert tonite.
Lets see" I think that is about all that is going on right now. Monday will be clean up day at school and after that it is church crafts and then race back home as the principal is throwing a dinner for all of us to say good by for the school year. You all take care untill next time.

No comments: