Monday, June 13, 2011

Schools out!!!!!

O.k. Normally I never post the day after a post " Not because I don't want too but usually if I am not too busy " I just don't have anything new to add. welllllllllll I just got home from the school dinner and let me tell you! I had something I have never had before. The girls all teased me when I asked what it was because as they reminded me if I were a true southerner I would know these things" Anywayyyyyy Its called chew bread and you guys just have to try it! It resembles a brownie in looks but thats where it stops. I just happen to get the recipe from the catering group. yummmmmmmmmm!!! Here goes. Did I also say it is super simple""""
1 stick butter
1 box brown sugar
2 eggs
2 c. self rising flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts They used wallnuts but I will use pecans Thats another word I get teased about" where I come from we pronounce them pecons and here they say pecans Hubby just tells them pecans is something you pee in. I knowwwwwwww thats soooooooo bad!
o.k. back to the recipe. "
Melt your butter and add sugar, remove from heat, add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition, add flour, one cup at a time, add vanilla and nuts . bake in a 13x9x2 inch greased pan at 350 degrees for 20- 30 minutes. yummmmmmmmmm
You all take care untill next time"

1 comment:

Linda in Calif. said...

LOL!! The pee can joke is funny! I say pecan too - but now maybe I'll switch to pecon. Well, since I love the beer bread so much you know I'm going to try this recipe too! Thanks for sharing it.