Monday, February 11, 2013

Today has been a work day. It has been raining all day long. about the only thing I have accomplished craft wise is a little bit of knitting. I am working on an afghan that I found on raverly " it is made up of 7x9" rectangles. the colors are black, grey and beige. all it is" is knit but it is soooooo pretty. when I get more done I will post it. I think it is going to be a long time project. I am also working on a chorcheted afghan made up of scraps in little granny squares. the centers are differnt colored scraps , the middle will be an off white color and the outside will probably be some type of green color although I haven't yet made up my mind on that one.
The cupcake doll quilt is still waiting for the borders. not sure I will get the energy untill this weekend to work on it but who knows " sometimes I surprise myself.
We have adopted another dog. this one was sitting along side of the road one morning as I was on my way to work. He was sitting next to his little buddy who had been hit and killed by a car. I tried to get him to come to me as I didn't want him to meet the same fate as his friend did but although he kept starting to come he would continually look back to his little friend and go back. well I had to get to work so thank God for cell phones and I called my hubby to go and get him. when I got home he was happily playing in the back yard with our other adopted dog tripod. Tripod was hit by a car before we adopted him and they had to remove his leg. the vet nicknamed him tripod and it just sort of stuck. anyway the two boys got along very well. and hubby suggested we keep him. He has informed me since that I am not to keep bringing home abandoned dogs because we are at our limit. I informed him that he was the one who suggested we keep rascal or trouble as i call him. this little guy or should I say big guy (hes still a puppy) has quite cheerfully chewed up our rockers that sit on the deck, the patio furniture, part of the umbrella, several parts of the new deck, not too mention umpteen blankets that we have donated to the igloo dog house we bought for him. Every day I come home there seems to be something else he has found to chew up. If we live through this puppy stage i think we will have a nice addition to the family. Untill next time" take care"

No comments: