Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day""""""'''

Well I hope that everyone had a nice mothers day" I received a very pretty sentimental card from my daughter. My son sent me a very pretty handmade card with roses that he had colored on the front of the card, My stepson called to wish me a happy mothers day from seattle and my stepson here in N.C. and his wife gave me a dvd with Julia Roberts called run away bride. It sounds like it will be a good comedy. My hubby dosen't like Julia roberts but I think she is great! I sat here the other day and watched a rerun of steel magnolias and when I wasen't crying my head off I was laughing untill I cried! I love movies like that touch all of your senses.
A couple of weeks ago I went to a new doctors office and gave them permission to transfer all my files over to them. Would you beleive I had a lung test completed a month ago and they just now called me to inform me that I have asthma. I swear some things are just unacceptable. I am usually pretty easy going but there are times when you just have to get up and find a better situation.
Not a lot going on around here today. I have been working on a nine patch quilt or at least blocks for one. I found a blogg that was doing these blocks and what they are is just nine two and a half inch squares sewn together into a nine patch block which by itself is not all that exciting. but she has used scrap fabrics and set them together with white strips and for some reason that white just really brings out all the colors. I am normally not into white but in this instance I love it. hopefully I will find some time to take some pictures one day soon so that you can see what I am talking about.
WE have been looking all over to find some chickens. This is the first area that I have ever lived in that dosen't have a livestock section in their newspaper. So we are going to have to get more creative in finding what we are looking for. Hubby is going to go online tomorrow and see what he can come up with. Years ago when we first met" my hubby rented a place just outside the city limits and started getting chickens , ducks, rabbits ect. well we aquired all kinds of different breeds of chickens some of which were quite adorable. That is what we would like to do now is get several differnt kinds. Hopefully we will get lucky.
I ordered something today called a skipblade. When I lived in Paris Idaho the girls there were always using something they called a hemmer machine to put holes in the edge of baby blankets made of flannel or fleece and bibs, burp clothes ect. then they would take chrochet thread and chrochet an edging around the edge of the blanket. These were soooooooooo cute. anyway I went to michaels and came home with a leather press that I could use to punch holes and do the same. This is o.k. but requires a lot of marking and time to punch the holes. with this skip stitch blade all you do is insert it into your rotory cutter and you run it up the outside edge leaving 3/4s of an inch to turn under and you have it ready to chrochet. I love it when they come up with things to make my life easier. The nice thing is that it only costs 11.00. It is owned by a mom and pop type bussiness so I feel good about supporting them. If anyone else is interested simply type in skipstitch blade to google. Welllllll thats about all that is going on around here so will close untill next time.

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've seen some of the 9 patch and other type quilts offset with white. I agree that it really makes the blocks pop! Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with yours!