Saturday, June 13, 2009

Its saturdayyyyyyyyy again!!!!!


Funny how I seem to post on saturdays" Not sure why that is especially now that I am off work untill school starts up again.
This morning my hubby came in from the garden with an armload fulllllllll of zuchinnies. We already had our frefridgerator full so I called one of my neighbors and she happily took them all home. I told hubby that eventually we will have to put up a sign on the highway free tomatoes, free zuchinnie. Did I mention that we planted a lotttttttttttttt of them.
I have also been working on some blocks that I started yestarday. I started off just planning to make one block because I love stars and this scrappy star was just toooooooo cute. Well then I made another and another and thought hmmmmmmm maybe I will make a wall hanging out of them. Well now that I have it the size I want it" I cannot seem to make up my mind just what I want to do with them. I can either make a wall hanging and quilt something in the blank squares , I can embroider something in the blank squares orrrrrrrrr I could use it for a baby quilt since the colors are so brite and add some simple embroidery to the blank squares or again use a quilting design . I am leaning towards the quilting as I haven;'t done a lot of hand quilting lately. I used to have a quilt frame set up in my beauty shop where I could quilt any time I wanted too. Now I just don't have the room to set it up. so I use a hoop to quilt on. The more I look at it the more I am leaning towards a baby quilt. any ideas on the border?
I think my next project will be a lap quilt or twin size quilt. I have been collecting six inch squares for some time now so I think its about time I start putting them together. That is such a simple way to go but I loveeeeeeeee the scrappy simplicity of it all.

No comments: