Monday, June 1, 2009

June first


Ooops the page got away from me. Anyway I managed to finish two baby quilts for a co worker as she is going to have her first grandchild. And I finished a doll quilt for my bosses granddaughter. This little girl is so sweet and so polite. she is in kidnegarten and she made a special trip to the kitchen to thank me for the last one and give me a hug. I thought that her grandmother had put her up too that but apparently she came up with it on her own.
I have come to the conclusion that we need a smoker to cook meat in. After watching a barbeque show with paula dean and all the places she went for barbeque so I handed hubby the money today and told him we need to pick one up. Wallmart has one that looks very handy. I read all the reviews on them and found that the ones that use propane cook more evenly and it is easier to control the heat. So glad I read before buying because hubby and I had both thought about getting the ones without propane.
Our garden is doing soooooooo well. we have zuchinnie that should be ready next week or soon after. Our tomatoes are about the size of golf balls so they won't be far behind. I loveeeeeeeee this time of year. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I belong to a pincushion yahoo group and they had some give aways this last week to celebrate their existance. anyway I won some material, an adorable scissor holder with scissors, a cute little sbs pin cushion, and a rotory cutter.
Well its getting late so I had better go get my shower taken and settle down to some chrocheting for the nite. take care untill we meet again.

No comments: